Duration of training 3.5 Years
As a tool mechanic you will learn to read technical drawings and to manufacture tools exactly according to the specified dimensions.
In the workshop you drill, mill, turn, hammer and grind components made of steel and other metals and use them to manufacture punching and forming tools for the production of our parts. Knowledge about computer science also flows into your training: In addition to traditional machining methods, you also use so-called CNC-controlled machine tools, which you even program yourself. The finished tool is then integrated into the production plant or machine, tested and then handed over to production.
Your tasks include not only the functional assembly, but also the disassembly and maintenance of the tools and the inspection of the components. It gets exciting here, because the dimensional accuracy is usually only in the range of a few thousandths of a millimeter.
You should bring that with you
Care and accuracy
Our tools are manufactured with high precision requirements.
Craftsmanship and technical interest
Good dexterity is required when manufacturing parts and assembling machine tools.
Enjoyment of physics and mathematics
These two natural sciences help you to acquire knowledge about materials and their properties, to evaluate technical documents and to carry out measurements or calculations of machine settings.
What we offer you
- Entry into a future-proof profession
- Exciting and versatile tasks
- Training on the latest high-tech machines
- We promote and perfect your manual skills
- Very good development opportunities
- Experienced instructors who enjoy their jobs and have a lot of specialist knowledge
- We are a motivated team, which supports you at all times
- Pleasant and friendly working atmosphere
- From yoga to healthy eating: everything within the framework of our health management
- External activities, such as football and volleyball tournaments or Participation in the company run
Your application to:
CEFEG GmbH Chemnitz